1. To be eligible to receive Northfork Electric Cooperative's Academic Scholarship, a student must:
A. Be a senior in one of the high schools or homeschool programs in Northfork Electric's service area (see list below)
B. Have a parent or guardian who is a member of Northfork Electric
2. You must graduate from high school at the end of the current school year and begin college or vo-tech within one year of graduation.
3. A total of six (6) scholarships will be awarded. Each will be worth $500 and nonrenewable.
4. The scholarship must be used at an accredited university, college or vocational institution. The scholarship funds will be issued directly to the university or vocational institution attended by the student.
5. A committee selected by the Northfork Electric Board of Trustees will act as the scholarship committee. Items for consideration will be academic ability, school and community involvement, letters of recommendation and financial need. The board’s decision will be final.
Note: These criteria apply to Northfork Electric Cooperative academic scholarships awarded each year. They are subject to review and possible change in the future.
Eligible Schools/Service Areas
Instructions for Scholarship Application
1. A copy of your current high school transcript should be attached to your completed application.
2. Two letters of recommendation – one from a school source (teacher, counselor, etc.) and one from an outside source (pastor, family friend, etc.).
3. If available, a letter of acceptance to the college you plan to attend.
4. Mail or hand deliver your application no later than April 1
Northfork Electric Cooperative Inc.
P.O. Box 400
Sayre, Oklahoma 73662