The Touchstone Energy Cooperatives brand represents a nationwide alliance made of more than 740 local, consumer-owned electric cooperatives in 46 states. Touchstone Energy co-ops collectively deliver power and energy solutions to more than 30 million members every day.
Electric cooperatives were established to provide electricity to rural America, and now make up the largest electric utility network in the nation, distributing power to 75 percent of the U.S. by land mass – more than 2.4 million miles of power lines. Touchstone Energy is the national brand identity for that network.
Did you know?
Electric Cooperatives ...
• Are located in 80 percent of the nation’s counties
• Are the largest electric utility network in the nation
• Total more than 900 local systems in 47 states
• Have 42 million member-owners
• Distribute power over 2.5 million miles of line
• Serve 75 percent of the U.S. by land mass
• Own $130 billion in generation, transmission and distribution assets
• More than 88 percent of all local electric co-ops offer electricity generated from renewable sources
What Makes Our Cooperatives Different
Touchstone Energy co-ops are owned by the members they serve and are committed to providing reliable electricity at the lowest price possible. In short, co-ops look out for the members they serve.
Touchstone Energy co-ops provide high standards of service according to their four core values: integrity, accountability, innovation and commitment to community.
Touchstone Energy co-ops rank well ahead of their industry counterparts when it comes to customer satisfaction. Recent data from the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI), one the nation’s most recognized measures of customer satisfaction, gives Touchstone Energy cooperatives an average score of 77 out of a possible 100, outclassing the average utility industry satisfaction score of 75. NFEC’s ACSI score of 79 places the cooperative two points higher than the cooperative utility score.